1/2 Photos of Easy & Tasty Fish & Tomatoes
This is an easy, quick and healthy dish that I make pretty often. Great with pasta or mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g cod fish fillets, preferably approx. 2 cm thick (or any other type of firm fresh white saltwater fish fillets)
- 4 tomatoes (large ripe ones)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 onion, cut into small cubes
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or cut into very fine pieces)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Season the fish fillets with salt, pepper and paprika powder to taste.
- 2Put the fillets on the bottom of a rectangular oven-proof dish.
- 3Sprinkle fish fillets with the lemon juice.
- 4Cut tomatoes into 5 mm thick slices.
- 5Cover fish with the tomatoes, making sure that they're covered well (leave no gaps).
- 6Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan or pot. Add onion and crushed garlic, stir until onion is translucent.
- 7Add capers and chopped parsley, mix well and let the mixture cook for one additional minute.
- 8Cover the layer of tomatoes with the herb-onion mixture.
- 9Put into preheated oven and let bake for 30 minutes @ 200 degrees Celsius.
- 10Variations: it's possible to use other types of fish and/or to replace the parsley with other herbs (dill and tarragon would be obvious alternatives).
- 11This is also an excellent barbecue dish; instead of using an oven-proof pan, put one fish fillet with some tomato slices and herb mixture in a "papillotte" of aluminum foil and put this "package" on the grill.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy & Tasty Fish & Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 204.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 23.8 g