Recipe by caramel
this is the easiest, tastiest chicken dish i have prepared for a long time. it is crunchy, tender and tasty all at once. i saw it on martha stewart one day and did my best to make it without writing down the recipe..i knew the basics and that it was easy. don't think she used jar sauce but do with what you have and like. *note: my first time making it i had to do 3 batches since the chicken halves were quite large so try to get 2 pans going and i am going to try to see if i can have the chicken coated and ready to fry instead of dipping each as i go. should cut down on prep and cook times.
Top Review by Teleidoscope
As Dizwendy said, it is time consuming and messy to prepare, but worth a try. This is the first dish I tried making all by my lonesome (I'm in college; my summer project is learning how to cook REAL food). I used chicken thighs because I had them already (tough but do-able). It turned out great! Awesome recipe!
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 2 cups milk (approx)
- 2 cups flour (approx)
- 3 eggs, beaten (approx)
- 2 -3 cups dry breadcrumbs
- olive oil, to coat pan well
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 jar pasta sauce, really good kind
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- real parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- pound each chicken half until about 1/4 inch thick.
- season with salt,pepper and garlic salt.
- in a 9x13 pan (may need bigger depending on chicken size) put the jar of pasta sauce and even out.
- in 4 seperate bowls put beaten eggs, flour, milk and crumbs.
- season eggs with salt, and crumbs if unseasoned with salt, pepper and garic salt.
- heat oil in pan to med-high heat-- then lower to about med.
- dip chicken in milk, flour, egg then crumbs.
- fry until golden brown-approx 5 minutes per side (don't overcrowd.. do in batches) transfer to sheet lined with paper towel.
- put each breast half in pan of sauce and top with a slice of mozza and a good sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
- broil until cheese is melted and lightly browning.
- serve with side of pasta and salad.