Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's really good, really simple, and can feed a ton of people!
- 2 cups uncooked barley
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 7 ounces pork seasoning (from ramen noodles, or three vegetable boullion cubes)
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chopped broccoli
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 16 ounces baby corn, in vinegar, chopped
- 10 egg whites
- Soak the barley in enough water to cover it over an inch. Put the oil, salt, seasoning packets and soy sauce in with it. Leave it for about an hour (or overnight).
- Bring the water to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the vegetables and tofu, and scramble the egg whites (chop them too). When the water has almost disappeared, add the rest of the ingredients. Mix it up, and uncover it about ten minutes.