Recipe by Tish
I started playing with this recipe awhile ago. It's gone through a few significant changes from the starting point. We serve this with wild rice on the side. My husband loves it...hope you do too!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (I like to use Sunkist Almond Accents, Ranch style) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375F.
- Place the chicken flat-touching but not going over each other-in a 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Put the onion slices over the chicken breasts.
- Cut the Cream Cheese into chunks and put over the onions.
- Mix seasonings with cream soup and milk and pour over the chicken.
- Put dish in 375F oven for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken dish with almonds, if desired.
- Put dish back in oven and bake 10 minutes more or until chicken is done.