Recipe by Freda2 Brown
This is an easy Tex-Mex dish that I got from a fellow parishioner at church. I doctored it up a bit. My family likes it 'cause it tastes good, but I like it for its simplicity.
Top Review by Luv2Cook/Hate2Clean:)
This one was not a winner for us at all. I actually didn't mind it. Its flavor is more like tamales than the taquitos, though. With all of that enchilada sauce, it was WAY too spicy for the boys. I really think that if you used one can of the sauce and used sour cream in place of the second can, it might be a little better. I didn't like it enough to try to tweek it for our preferences, though.
- 1 box shredded beef taquitos
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 oven-proof dish with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Pour a box of frozen taquitoes into the dish.
- Sprinkle chopped onion and can of chopped green chilies over taquitoes.
- Pour 2 cans of red Enchilada sauce over taquitoes.
- Sprinkle chili powder over all.
- Top with as much shredded cheese as you like.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes-- until heated thoroughly.
- Serve with a black or refried beans and a green salad.