Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in the Quick Cooking magazine and gave it a try. It is quick and easy. The sauce provides a nice tangy taste to the beef.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water, as needed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon minced garlic, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse-ground mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 6 sandwich buns
- In large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef and stir to cover with sauce.
- Cover and simmer 5- 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on rolls.
We really enjoyed this sauce. I had some leftover sirloin roast cooked to medium rare, so I sliced it thinly and added it to the sauce. This a nice change when you're looking for something different to do with that cooked piece of beef:-). Thanks Ducky.