Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
From the Weight Watchers Message Board
- 6 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- Combine all ingredients in a large zip top bag. Press out as much air as possible, seal tightly and refrigerate 1 to 8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken strips on George Foreman grill or grill pan, about 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
Tasted okay, but the George Foreman grill burned the marinade so quickly, we had to scrape off the charred skin. I think roasting would be a better option. Cutting it into strips works well for shortening cooking time.
I love tandoori as an easy light flavorful option, so this quickly caught my eye. I made my marinade using Greek yogurt and followed the recipe as presented, with a marinade time of about 7 hours. While the chicken was moist, the flavor profile was dominated by the paprika, with none of the other flavors emerging to create some balance. So much so, I think a better result would have been achieved with about half the stated amount.