This is the simplest way to make a very tasty eggplant dish. It's my take on a recommendation from a friend. You can use the small eggplants with slits in them for a prettier presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil on medium/high heat.
- 2Add onions, cook until soft.
- 3Add tomatoes, ginger, garlic. Cook for 5 mins until soft.
- 4Add eggplant and tamarind. Stir.
- 5Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Tamarind Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.3
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g