Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the simplest way to make a very tasty eggplant dish. It's my take on a recommendation from a friend. You can use the small eggplants with slits in them for a prettier presentation.
- Heat oil on medium/high heat.
- Add onions, cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, garlic. Cook for 5 mins until soft.
- Add eggplant and tamarind. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Unremarkable. Maybe it needs salt? Nice vegetable side dish for my toddler, so will make it again for him.