Recipe by Suzanne S.
I cooked my hamburger meat mixture in the crockpot overnight on low and then assembled my casserole for cooking the next day. Yum! Recipe from Gifts of Good Taste.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 11 ounces Mexican-style corn, drained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces mexican style cornbread mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. In large skillet, brown ground beef, onion and garlic over medium high heat until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain. Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in corn, tomato sauce, green chilies, chile powder and salt. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl beat sour cream and egg until well blended. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Combine sour cream mixture with ground beef mixture. Spoon into lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- In medium bowl, prepare corn bread mix according to package directions. spread corn bread batter ovedr casserole. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until heated through and corn bread topping is golden brown. serve warm.