Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is easy, and fast to put together. I won't lie and tell you it's good for you, but when you get a deal on canned goods, you can get really creative! I imagine you could modify this recipe in many directions to make it interesting :)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (17 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Drain and unwrap tamales. Reserve the sauce.
- Slice tamales crosswise. In mixing bowl combine the tamale sauce, flour, chili powder, garlic salt, and salt. Add eggs, corn, olives, and sliced tamales.
- Turn into a 10 X 6 X 22 baking dish. Bake uncovered, in a 350º oven for 40 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into squares to serve.