1/5 Photos of EASY Take It on the Go or Great Meal -Chicken Pot-Pie - Muffins
Aquaholic's Anonymous's Note:
My son wanted some of my homemade chicken pot pie, I do not like chicken pot pie, so I decided to try something different. It was AWESOME! and my husband and son ate almost all of it! A MUST TRY.. many variety and optional add-ins and substitutions are included (**STEPS 12- 21 ARE OPTIONAL! NOT A MUST!) as we have used and fixed this many ways. Hope you enjoy. Please share your thoughts. PACK & TAKE WITH YOU, GREAT FINGER FOODS FOR KIDS, sac lunches, OR great OFFICE PARTY food, pot luck dinner, church meals, even HOLIDAYS!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (or 2 small or 1 cream of chicken AND 1 cream of mushroom soup)
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, your choice of vegetables see varieties listed in directions
- 1I used a mini loaf pan and mini muffin pan for these.
- 2Mix all filling ingredients together in a bowl or if you would like to have some to pour over a loaf or three, mix in a medium pan.
- 3Chicken can be diced, chopped, or just pulled off the bone, but make sure the chicken is boneless.
- 4Chicken broth can be canned or the juices from the baked chicken, which I prefer.
- 5VEGGIES! you can use carrots, peas, green beans, corn, peppers, etc.
- 6Use a spoon to dip chicken filling into pans or whatever baking dish you are using.
- 7Mix the crust (flour, milk, melted butter, and seasonings of your choice) ingredients.
- 8Pour mixture over chicken. I do not stir it. The mixture down in the juice will make the dumplings and rise up to make the crust.
- 9Bake mini-muffins about 30 minutes at 350 until the middle of the loaves start to bubble. 45 minutes for Loaves, and 1 hour for 9x13 baking pan. If you make the mini muffins keep an eye on them as they cook quicker. When I bake the 9x13 dish it usually takes about an hour. just check for golden brown tops, they're done.
- 10Take out of the oven and let them set for about 5 minutes. PACK & TAKE WITH YOU, GREAT FINGER FOODS FOR KIDS, sac lunches, OR great OFFICE PARTY food, pot luck dinner, church meals, even HOLIDAYS!
- 11ALL FOLLOWING STEPS: ARE OPTIONAL, IDEAS, TRIED AND TRUE variations. To help clear up any questions you may have.
- 12I have seen recipes with the veg-all cans used; I just do not like the flavors.
- 13I use 1 or 2 cans of the baby carrots; they are in a silver can, not sure of the brand, it's the only kind my husband and daughter will eat. *- as much as you want and the types you like. We use canned green beans, freezer corn (which I saute with the onions). I use red potatoes, silver canned baby carrots. Sounds like a lot but it's not. It's very easy to make and never lasts very long with my family around.
- 14I have some pictures posted that have the remaining chicken filling that would not fit in the pans, cooking on the stove. I did not want it to go to waste and thought I would fix it to go over the top of the loaves/muffins as a gravy. Sadly, I didn't fix enough, for they wanted more!
- 15*You can substitute canned chicken (I have used 2 (12.5 oz) cans before and it was still delish!
- 16I do NOT boil any type of chicken (thanks to my daughter). I bake the chicken. NO boiling of chicken in of chicken in our home. I bake it with about 1 Tablespoon butter, lemon pepper, garlic salt, and about 1 teaspoon of honey; cover with foil paper; bake until tender.
- 17Whichever seasonings you would like can be added to the crust (flour mixture) or the chicken. I do not add any to the filling as the filling has more than enough.
- 18I almost mince the onions because the kids do not like them but we do :) so I saute mine and my husband's, but that is optional.
- 19I put 1/2 with diced jalapenos, a little tip for the spice lovers.
- 20(If you do not have cream of chicken soup you can use 14 oz of milk. I have used 1-15 oz can cream of chicken and 1-15 oz can cream of mushroom-BOTH delicious.
- 21If you find other ideas for add-ins, please leave a comment to help other food lovers enjoy this great recipe in other ways.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for EASY Take It on the Go or Great Meal -Chicken Pot-Pie - Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 1072.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: