Recipe by Sue Lau
Can it be this easy? Yes it can. Try this and you'll ask yourself why you ever bought any of that stuff in an envelope. And make seasoning ahead? Why bother, when it is just this simple?
Top Review by Loves2Teach
This is pretty much how I make my tacos, except I do not use all spice. The recipe always works out for me, and is a husband pleaser (which is hard for my to do with my dh being picky most of the time). Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour or 1 tablespoon masa harina (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
for tacos and toppings
- 6 -8 crispy taco shells or 6 -8 flour tortillas, warmed
- chopped tomato, to taste (optional)
- shredded iceberg lettuce, to taste (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese or colby-monterey jack cheese, to taste (optional)
- sour cream, to taste (optional)
- taco sauce or salsa, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef with onion and garlic, and drain any accumulated fat.
- Add spices and water, and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens (or warms through if not using flour/masa).
- Serve meat in tacos (warm taco shells in over for 5-7 minutes until they crisp, or warm tortillas briefly in microwave) with toppings of choice.