Recipe by Merlot
This is so easy to make. Very flavorful. This recipe can easily be doubled.
Top Review by JRiggs
This stew was fast and easy to make and it tasted great! I actually used some leftover chicken I had on hand instead of hamburger. I loved the chicken in it and can't wait to try the hamburger. It was a little spicy for us so when I served it I added a spoonful of sour cream.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans in chili sauce, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- baked corn tortilla chips (I prefer Doritos) or plain Doritos (I prefer Doritos)
- cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef and onion in a dutch oven, then drain.
- Add all ingredients to the beef/onion mixture, except for the tortilla chips and cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- TO SERVE: Crumble a handful of either tortilla chips or Doritos in individual serving bowls and cover with a generous helping of stew.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- HINT: You can reduce the heat by substituting the pinto beans in chili sauce with either red kidney beans, plain pinto beans, etc.