This is so easy to make. Very flavorful. This recipe can easily be doubled.
Make and share this Easy Taco Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans in chili sauce, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- baked corn tortilla chips (I prefer Doritos) or plain Doritos (I prefer Doritos)
- cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown the beef and onion in a dutch oven, then drain.
- Add all ingredients to the beef/onion mixture, except for the tortilla chips and cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- TO SERVE: Crumble a handful of either tortilla chips or Doritos in individual serving bowls and cover with a generous helping of stew.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- HINT: You can reduce the heat by substituting the pinto beans in chili sauce with either red kidney beans, plain pinto beans, etc.
This stew was fast and easy to make and it tasted great! I actually used some leftover chicken I had on hand instead of hamburger. I loved the chicken in it and can't wait to try the hamburger. It was a little spicy for us so when I served it I added a spoonful of sour cream.
Great! We loved this Stew! It was so easy to put together because I had all of the ingredients in my pantry. I loved the taste, just like tacos', only no chopping!! It was a good hot soup to serve at lunch, and it was hearty enough that I didn't serve anything else. I used tortilla chips, warmed in the microwave. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
This is a wonderful stew! Hearty and flavorful. I made it exactly as stated except I didn't use the pinto beans in chili sauce. Just used plain pintos and it was just right for us. I am so glad to have found this recipe!