Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom made this long as I can remember. But there's only ONE specific 1,000 dressing to make it taste right, no other brand lol.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger, prepared it as you do for tacos
- 1 head lettuce, chopped into bite size
- 1 (3 -4 ounce) cansliced olives, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) bag Fritos corn chips
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlenalley creamy thousand island dressing
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- While preparing your meat.
- Cut and prepare all ingredients. Dump into a big bowl (make sure a big enough bowl to toss the salad without overflowing).
- After hamburger cool, mixed ALL ingredients into the big bowl and toss.
- Top with sourcream, salsa, guacamole.
- You may have leftovers, but excellent for lunch at work for next day.