Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family loves this twist on the traditional tacos. It is a snap to make and is delicious.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 ounces ground turkey or 8 ounces beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and slightly mashed
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup shredded taco cheese or 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive flavored cooking spray, brown meat, green pepper and onion.
- Add tomaote sauce, kidney beans and taco seasoning.
- Lower heat and let simmer until heated through.
- Pat Crescent Dinner Rolls in a 9x13 inch pan sprayed with olive flavored cooking spray, be sure to seal perforations.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread meat mixture over crust and continue to bake for 10 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
I have a picky (I mean picky) bunch of eaters at my house. I whipped this up while I was also making Easy Enchilada Pie. Everyone loved it. For us, it had just the right everything and it was a cinche to make. This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing.