Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is what I make when I am craving nachos. It's simple and fast.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 lb processed cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain and mix in taco seasoning mix and water.
- Continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place processed cheese and milk in a small, microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir until blended and smooth.
- Place tortilla chips on a large, microwave safe dish.
- Spread with refried beans.
- Top with beef and cheese and mixtures.
- Microwave approximately 2 minutes on high, until the cheese has melted into the beef. Top with tomato and green onions.
- Serve warm.