Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Juan-Carlos Cruz, and it is one of our summertime favorites! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Mexico.
- 1 lb beef eye round, trimmed of all visible fat and sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced jicama
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, torn into leaves
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- In a medium bowl, toss beef strips with the cumin, chipotle chili powder, and cinnamon until well coated.
- Heat a medium heavy nonstick saute pan over medium heat with the canola oil.
- Add the beef strips. Saute for about 2 minutes or until beef strips are thoroughly cooked.
- Add the tomatoes, jicama and lime juice. Cook for about another minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro. Place 1/2 cup of the mixture on a large lettuce leaf. Top with cheese and serve.
This is a good combo of spiciness! I use Romaine lettuce instead of iceberg (made better tacos ) but put DH's into flour tortillas. I rarely use jicama for anything other than crudite so it was nice incorporating it into a recipe! I also sauted a chopped jalapeno with the beef (we wanted a little more heat). Thank you!