Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is easy to put together and big on flavor, adding in more corn won't hurt or add in some canned drained beans, if using skin-on chicken then cooking time must be increased before adding in the rice, for some heat add in a minced jalapeno pepper and/or crushed chili flakes
Top Review by griffiths_melissa
Delicious! My husband was skeptical, but he really enjoyed it as well! Like others, I cut my chicken into bite size pieces. Plus, I substituted a can of green chiles for the pepper. I used a package of taco seasoning from Aldi Food Market. I will definitely be making this again.
- 1 lb boneless skinned chicken breast
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix (or taco mix see Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 medium bell pepper (red or green or both)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan (large enough to hold the chicken and rice), saute the chicken breasts in oil, about 3 minutes on each side to brown.
- Add in chicken broth, minced garlic (if using), tomato sauce and dry taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil, and simmer covered for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the drained corn and bell pepper; bring to a full boil.
- Stir in rice, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese (if using), serve.