Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is easy to put together and big on flavor, adding in more corn won't hurt or add in some canned drained beans, if using skin-on chicken then cooking time must be increased before adding in the rice, for some heat add in a minced jalapeno pepper and/or crushed chili flakes
- 1 lb boneless skinned chicken breast
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix (or taco mix see Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 medium bell pepper (red or green or both)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a large saute pan (large enough to hold the chicken and rice), saute the chicken breasts in oil, about 3 minutes on each side to brown.
- Add in chicken broth, minced garlic (if using), tomato sauce and dry taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil, and simmer covered for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the drained corn and bell pepper; bring to a full boil.
- Stir in rice, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese (if using), serve.
Delicious! My husband was skeptical, but he really enjoyed it as well! Like others, I cut my chicken into bite size pieces. Plus, I substituted a can of green chiles for the pepper. I used a package of taco seasoning from Aldi Food Market. I will definitely be making this again.
Really good dish!! Kids loved this. Will use more corn next time.
Really tasty and eay to prepare with ingredients on hand. I used Uncle Ben's brown rice instead of Minute Rice and baked it in the oven for 45 minutes. Delicious the first day and in wraps with extra cheese and salsa as leftovers. Thanks Kittencal!