Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I needed something quick and threw these things together trying to duplicate a recipe I had years ago. It came out better than I remembered, and my son demanded I make this every night (after eating four plates).
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) package shell macaroni
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning and water to beef per package instructions.
- In large glass bowl, add pasta, melted Velveeta, and beef mixture.
- Stir until well blended.
- This can be put in a casserole dish and heated if desired.
I gave this recipe a 4 star rating since I added so many items to it. First I used elbow mac as I didn't have any shells on hand. I added about a 1/2 cup chopped onion when browning the meat. As I used about 1-1/2 lbs meat I added additional chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne pepper when I added the taco seasoning. I then dumped in a can of Rotel tomatoes to the meat mixture. To make this more of a one-dish meal I drained a can of corn and dumped it in as well. Sprinkled the top with a little cheddar cheese before baking at 350 for about 15 minutes. My family liked it and I loved the fact that it was simple and quick.
This was very easy and it was ok, I will make it again but will add something? I don't know what, it just seemed to need something for us. I added green chillis,but still needed something. Thanks,always looking for new easy meals
The whole family enjoyed this Thanks.It was super quick and easy.