Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is one of my mother-in-law's only recipes. So easy and absolutely yummy. . .but you have to eat it all in one setting as the leftovers don't heat up well. I have subbed lean ground turkey in the past and it is a bit more bland than the beef, so if you take that route, make sure you brown with the turkey with a clove of garlic and a couple tbsp diced onion.
Top Review by breezermom
So quick and easy! I halved the recipe and just guessed about the amount of chips. Turned out very good, especially for something so easy to make! I'd never seen them before, but actually found Taco flavored doritos! Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce, mild
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 0.75 (13 ounce) bag Doritos (or any other taco flavored chip, you won't use the entire bag)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger, drain off fat and then mix with enchilada sauce, green chilis and soup.
- Add salt/pepper to taste (I usually only add pepper).
- Crunch up the Doritos; I usually only crunch up half of the bag to see if that's enough.
- Layer chips, then hamburger mixture, then cheese and repeat. Make sure to put a few extra chips on the top because they get crisp and yummy.
- Cook on 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.