Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Diabetic Exchange, 2 Carbohydrates, 3 Meat, 2 Vegetable, 1 Fat
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups low-sodium tortilla chips
- 3⁄4 cup grated fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn niblets, drained
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- Cook ground beef until browned, and drain.
- Stir in garlic powder.
- Coarsely crush tortilla chips and place in bottom of ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Spoon hot meat over chips and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
- While casserole is baking, prepare taco sauce by stirring together the next 10 ingredients.
- Break up large tomato pieces.
- Remove casserole from oven.
- Sprinkle casserole with shredded lettuce, pour on taco sauce, and serve immediately.