Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great appetizer dish, I have made it quite often for parties, never had a empty platter with this recipe, I am sure you will love this one. My taco seasoning mix Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix works well for this. You can adjust all amounts to taste.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped (or to taste)
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce (or to taste)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- corn chips (any amount)
- In a skillet, cook the beef with onions and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add water and taco seasoning, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and milk; spread on a serving platter or pizza pan.
- Top with the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with chilies, tomatoes, onions and lettuce.
- Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Serve with large size corn chips.
Love this recipe. Very similar to mine. The only real difference is that I don't use as much barbecue sauce. Everyone loves this dish.
5 star plus! We had this as our Sunday appetizer with a Martini - WOW we loved it. I cut the recipe back to 2 servings and used lite cream cheese - It truly was fabulous Thanks Kittnecal my thoughts are there with you.
I made this for a group of (mostly) single guys and you can not imagine how much they liked it! It was devoured. My dh asked me to leave the BBQ sauce off his portion next time, but no other complaints! Thanks for a great recipe.