Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a nice sauce. This is from Mr. Food, give it a try. This was also made for freezer tag March 2008. Freezer instructions are included below for as I call it future food. Enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs cube steaks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Dredge cube steak in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat; add steak, in batches, and cook until no longer pink.
- Return all steak to pot.
- Stir in tomato sauce and soup mix; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove steak to serving platter, reserving liquid in pot; keep warm.
- Stir sour cream into tomato mixture; simmer, stirring constantly, until heated. Do Not Boil.
- Serve over steak.
- To Freeze: Combined the flour, garlic and pepper and dredged the cube steaks.
- Fry the meat quickly in the oil to brown and crisp rather than cooking.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add the tomato sauce and soup mix to the pan and cool.
- Freeze the meat and sauce in separate ziplok bags.
- To Serve: After thawing add the meat and sauce to the pan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the meat is heated through.
- Remove the meat and add the sour cream.
This was a great recipe! The sauce, especially, was very good. I added about 1T of red wine vinegar, because I do that to most meat sauces. But other than that, I made the recipe just as directed. I served this with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Thanks for posting this recipe!