Recipe by Candace Michelle
This is similar to chicken cordon bleu, but so much easier and just as good. Another one of my boyfriend's favorites.
Top Review by Fluffy_is_#_1
I made this for my picky husband and not so picky son. x the shroom cause they dont like them but the rest was so good they loved it so thanx alot and keep up the good recipes.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 slices deli ham, thinly sliced
- 4 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 in thickness. In a shallow bowl lightly beat the egg. Combine cracker crumbs and salt in another bowl. Dip chicken in egg then roll in crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook chicken on each side in remaining butter until done.
- Top each chicken breast with a ham slice, mushrooms, then cheese slice. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.