Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
Perfect for a Superbowl get together! you can triple this complete recipe to serve a crowd.
- oil, for deep-frying (about 3 quarts)
- 5 lbs chicken wings (tips removed and halved at the joint)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste, if you like garlic add in more!)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or can use less butter)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- Tabasco sauce (can use Louisianna hot sauce in place of Tabasco sauce)
- In a large pot heat oil until 375 degrees.
- In a saucepan combine saute the garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for about 2 minutes, then add in the apricot preserves, soy sauce, ketchup and Tabasco sauce (start with just a small amount of Tabasco adding in more to reach desired heat).
- Set oven to 200 degrees.
- Pat the chicken as dry as possible with paper towels.
- Working in batches, fry the wings in hot oil until golden and crisp (about 7 minutes).
- Making certain that the oil temperature remains at 375 degrees; transfer with a slotted spoon to shallow baking pan and keep warm in the oven, then repeat with remaining wings.
- In a large glass bowl, toss the wings in the glaze to coat, then serve.