Perfect for a Superbowl get together! you can triple this complete recipe to serve a crowd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- oil, for deep-frying (about 3 quarts)
- 5 lbs chicken wings (tips removed and halved at the joint)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste, if you like garlic add in more!)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or can use less butter)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- Tabasco sauce (can use Louisianna hot sauce in place of Tabasco sauce)
- 1In a large pot heat oil until 375 degrees.
- 2In a saucepan combine saute the garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for about 2 minutes, then add in the apricot preserves, soy sauce, ketchup and Tabasco sauce (start with just a small amount of Tabasco adding in more to reach desired heat).
- 3Set oven to 200 degrees.
- 4Pat the chicken as dry as possible with paper towels.
- 5Working in batches, fry the wings in hot oil until golden and crisp (about 7 minutes).
- 6Making certain that the oil temperature remains at 375 degrees; transfer with a slotted spoon to shallow baking pan and keep warm in the oven, then repeat with remaining wings.
- 7In a large glass bowl, toss the wings in the glaze to coat, then serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Sweet-Spicy Garlic Glazed Wings
Serving Size: 1 (747 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1578.7
- Calories from Fat 870
- Total Fat 96.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 452.2 mg
- Sodium 3616.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 110.6 g