Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Just a very simple way to get sweet & sour taste without all the hassle. I threw this together several years ago and everyone likes it. I made it for dinner last night and served it with rice and stir fried noodles and veggies and it just disappeared. I use contadina brand sweet & sour (important) because other brands just don't taste right. The chicken will fall off the bone it is so tender. Hope you enjoy.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse chicken thighs and place in an 8x8 glass dish or a casserole dish that is at least 2" deep.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and seasoned salt on both sides to taste.
- Add chicken stock.
- Cover and place in oven and cook for 1hr & 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain juices from chicken.
- Pour sweet & sour sauce over the chicken and cover again and cook for another 15 minutes to warm the sauce.
- Serve with rice to put the delicious sauce over.