Recipe by the80srule
This delightful fall dessert is great for dinner parties and get-togethers because it yields a lot, and whips up easily but has a complicated taste! This is sweet but not too sweet.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain unsweetened soymilk (any dairy or non-dairy milk will work)
- 1 (28 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the flour, sugar, oil, eggs, and milk together.
- Add the can of pumpkin, blending in well.
- Blend in the cinnamon and coriander well. If you want it to have more of a pumpkin pie taste, use 2-3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice instead.
- Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish with some canola oil (about a tablespoon or two) and pour the mixture into it, dispersing evenly.
- Bake at 350F for 65-70 minutes (only 60 if you used non-dairy milk.).
- Let cool for at least 15-20 minutes prior to eating. It's delicious warm, but I like it better cold with some SoyWhip and extra cinnamon sprinkled on top! It also microwaves well if you want to eat it warm (nuke a medium-size square about 30 seconds on high.).
- Rolled oats and raw green pepitas also make nice toppings to add to this after the souffle has baked at least 30 minutes.