Recipe by dissjwine
A family favorite that might of come from another family member???Seasonings can be adjusted to suit your taste. I like to let it set for a day before re-heating and serving.Cooling time not included...if you're in a rush and have a hand blender you don't have to cool. This can look special with a swirl of cream on top for those unexpected guests.
Top Review by KadeeRain
This is a super easy, very tasty recipe. My husband and I had multiple helpings after making it. The only changes I made were using vegetable broth instead of chicken (just to keep it vegetarian) and adding a dollop of plain yogurt to to each bowl of soup just before eating. I will definitely be making this one again.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (small finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons mild curry paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1'' cubes, set aside.
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and curry paste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add sweet potatoes, stir for 1 min or until coated.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 min or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree cooled soup in blender.
- Reheat and serve.