Recipe by Nadia Melkowits
Better yet than pumpkin pie made out of a can. For extra flavor use candy pecans.
- 19 ounces sweet potatoes (peeled, cubed and steamed)
- 1 1⁄4 cups vanilla yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl beat together sweet potatoes, yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, yolks, and salt, to taste, and beat until well combined. Pour this batter into the pie shell and place onto a sheet pan. Sprinkle pecans on top and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the custard reaches 165 to 180 degrees. Remove from oven and cool. Keep refrigerated after cooling.