The absolute best recipe. I counted as serving 6 because everyone takes a second helping!!! I usually make a double recipe for special gatherings and it is always gone at the end. It is quite sweet and you can decrease sugar some. I am putting full amounts of sugar in this recipe but I always use 1/4 cup LESS for each type of sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups sweet potatoes (40 oz can)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Mix sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla in mixng bowl. I use a mixer.
- 2Scrape out bowl with rubber spatula.
- 3Spread into a well greased 2 quart (the one that is only a couple of inches deep not the square deep pan) casserole dish.
- 4Mix topping ingredients (brown sugar, butter, flour and pecans) in same mixing bowl > will be crumbly.
- 5Crumble topping over sweet potatoes lightly patting to make it even.
- 6Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- 7Put into 9X13baking pan for a double recipe, cook the same.
- 8I counted as serving 6 because everyone takes a second helping!
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.8
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 151.8 mg
- Sodium 304.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 64.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g