Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
These quick and easy biscuits are great with ham.
Top Review by Trinkets
This recipe needed a lot of help. I had to keep adding the biscuit mix and probably used, in total, 2.5 cups in order to come to biscuit-like dough consistency. But after that, the flavor of the biscuits were ok. I wanted more sweet potato flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup of cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 2 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup of canned mashed sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut butter into biscuit mix until crumbly.
- Combine the sweet potato and milk. Add to the biscuit mix, stirring with the fork just until moistened. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead 4 to 5 times.
- Pat or roll out the dough to 3/4 inch thickness and cut with 2-inch round biscuit cutter.
- Place on large ungreased cookie sheet bake at 450°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.