Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 168 hrs
I make a few jars at a time. This recipe is worth the 7 day wait, so plan ahead if making this recipe. These pickles remind me of my grandmothers 14-day pickles. I have tried this recipe with 6 gloves and the taste just isn't the same. If you don't care for gloves 6 cloves might be the route you take. Also, powdered cinnamon can be used in place of the cinnamon sticks. If you want to add the powder omit the cinnamon sticks and add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. I have only used the cinnamon sticks. These pickles don't last long in this house and I hope they won't in yours either.
- Drain pickles and reserve the liquid.
- Cut pickles into 1 inch chunks, return to the jar pickles came inches.
- Add the vinegar, whole cloves, and cinnamon to the jar of pickles.
- Add sugar alternating with a little pickle juice to the pickle jar, but make sure all sugar is added to the jar of pickles.
- Add only enough juice to cover pickles.
- (amount may very depending on how the pickles settle in the jar).
- Put lid on and shake the pickle jar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- Shake once daily for 7 days.
- (For those that can't wait 7 days to try these pickles. You can dig in early, but please note the pickles are better the longer they set.).