Recipe by brokenburner
This is about as simple as it gets -- I couldn't find a fast and easy sweet-and-sour type marinade for my tofu, so I threw a few things together and hoped for the best. The measurements are forgiving; alter to your tastes. I used Mori-nu Firm Lite tofu, and using the measurements I listed, the recipe yield has about 130 calories.
- 0.5 (14 ounce) package tofu
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice your tofu however you wish. Place the slices between two towels, put something heavy on top, and press for about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Arrange the tofu slices in a container, making sure not to overlap them so that the marinade can reach as much surface space as possible. Pour the marinade over the tofu and refrigerate. (You can leave it in the refrigerator for fifteen minutes, or overnight -- the longer it marinates, the more the flavor penetrates.).
- When you are ready to cook the tofu, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the tofu slices in a single layer on a sprayed baking pan. Bake for fifteen minutes, then flip over the tofu slices and bake ten minutes more.