Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Makes a great weekend brunch!
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 square whole crackers)
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb full-fat cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup full-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Set oven to 350 degrees (oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Butter a 9-inch glass pie plate (or use a 9-inch square baking dish).
- In a bowl combine cracker crumbs, melted butter, 3 tablespoons sugar and pinch of salt; stir until well combined.
- Press the crumbs evenly into prepared pie plate.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl stir together cottage cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, full-fat milk, vanilla and nutmeg; mix well to combine, then transfer to crust.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until the filling if puffed, lightly golden and lightly set.
- Serve warm or cold.