Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
We just love acorn squash at our house, and I make it quite often...I am always looking for new recipes to make squash, and here is a very fast and simple to make recipe, that's really delicious...just slice, coat and bake.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Heeding the previous reviewers comment, I cut the brown sugar a bit. The results were really good and I liked having the herbiness of the thyme to balance out the sweetness of the brown sugar and honey. To make the mix a little easier topaint on the squash,I kept it in a small glass bowl at the back of the stove. If you have a microwave, use it to give the mix a quick zap. I paired this with Sour Cream/Dijon Marinated Chicken Kabobs which worked especially well as the spicy-shapness of the chicken gave a nice contrast to the sweetness of the squash. Thanks Kittencal.
- 2 acorn squash (about 3 pds)
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim 1-2-inches off each end of squash.
- Slice each squash into 4 rings.
- Remove all seeds.
- Coat jellyroll pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange rings in a single layer on the pan.
- Combine the honey, brown sugar, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Brush half of mixture onto rings.
- Bake, until beginning to soften (about 15 minutes).
- Brush with remaining honey mixture until tender, about another 10-15 minutes.