Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sauce is great for dipping egg rolls or chicken strips- or use it as a stir-fry sauce!
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon habanero sauce (only for true heat lovers) (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan on low-medium heat.
- Stir often, until sugar dissolves.
- Add habanero sauce if using.
I usually make my own sweet and sour sauce but this even tops it (don't tell DH) The flavors go so well together and the habanero sauce gives it the perfect heat element for us. You could use this for so many different foods as a dipping sauce. We used it on spinach nuggets so I can just imagine how wonderful it would be on chicken or just about anything you could think of. I'm so glad I found this as it will be made and shared many time over. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014
This is delicious. It can be used as a dipping sauce with so many things, but my favorite so far is to use it as a sauce on pork roast. It really brings the pork flavor out and livens the dish. Thank you.