Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was a hit last year in our household for Passover. From Susie Fishbein's 'Passover by Design'.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Mix ground beef with matzo meal, onion powder, and oregano. Add the egg. Toss with hands to combine.
- Empty can of cranberry sauce and marinara sauce into a medium pot and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring with a spoon.
- Roll meat into balls and carefull add tehmto the pot. Set heat as low as possible. Cover and cook for 40 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
SO easy. I made the meatballs as directed but used plain breadcrumbs and added garlic powder. I will skip the oregano next time because my Dad doesn't like it. I used a bout 2 lbs. of meat and doubled the sauce. I had a lot of sauce. I mixed the sauce in my crockpot and a put the meatballs on top and put the crockpot on high for a few hours. I saw the sauce boiling and the meatballs looked done and then I lowered the heat to warm until dinner. Thanks for posting!