Prep 0 mins
Cook 24 hrs
From The Fruit of The Spirit cookbook. Easy and yummy.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks (save juice)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into short strips
- Heat oil, brown chicken.
- Combine brown sugar, vinegar,ginger and soy sauce. Pour over chicken and simmer 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Blend cornstarch with pineapple juice. Stir into skillet with remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, add chicken and simmer 5-10 minute.
- Serve over hot fluffy rice.