Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy is the key word here! These delicious meatballs can be made ahead of time and frozen for later use.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄4 lbs chuck
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 ounces mushroom soup mix
- 1 small egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1 1⁄4 cups grape jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the above ingredients (except for the ketchup and jelly) and form into balls (small walnut size).
- Place in large shallow pan and put in preheated oven.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes or less.
- These can be frozen to use later.
- When ready to serve, make sauce with the ketchup and grape jelly and simmer until hot.
- Sauce will thicken.