Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a recent AARP magazine and thought I would give it a try. It was so very easy and I wanted to archive it here for furture use and for my daughter if she ever wants to know how to make it. Make it easy on yourself and buy a rotisserie deli chicken and shred that.
- 3 1⁄2 cups Swanson chicken broth
- 2 -3 dashes black pepper
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked extra wide egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- Heat broth, pepper, carrot and celery in 2 quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Stir in noodles and chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
I also found in a magazine, may have been arpp;s westways, but I have been making this all the time...easy and very tasty.I usually use frozen, boneless chicken breasts and let them either cook in the broth or will pre-cook in water, then shred,have used, pasta, noodles, broken spaghetti, whatever I have.Also, have used shredded carrots which I pulverize to small pieces.So good, so simple and am happy to have this recipe
This was good and easy to make for lunch on a rainy day. I followed the recipe but added a lot more then just a few dashes of pepper. This was a good basic recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2011.