Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this for a womens walkathon in 1998 was was a great hit,
Make and share this Easy Supper Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breasts (2 breasts)
- 4 green onions, diced
- 10 black olives, halved
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cucumber, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place water in pot with salt.
- Bring to a boil and add rice.
- turn to low, cover, and cook, 20 minutes, or until al dente.
- Fluff with fork.
- If rice is sticky, rinse with cold water, then it will seperate.
- You should have 2 1/2 cups cooked rice for this recipe.
- Dice or slice chicken and all vegetables.
- But do one or the other as it will look better, all sliced or all diced.
- Combine in a bowl, and toss with the dressing.
- Mix all ingredients, vinegar, garlic, oil, and oregano, salt, and pepper.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled as needed.
Wonderful main dish salad on a hot summer day. I had some leftover rice that had been cooked in broth that I wanted to use up. I didn't have green onions or fresh parsley or basil, but I did have fresh chives so I used those instead. I also added some diced celery. I served this over mixed salad greens that were dressed with Italian dressing.