I made this for a womens walkathon in 1998 was was a great hit,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breasts (2 breasts)
- 4 green onions, diced
- 10 black olives, halved
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cucumber, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1/4 cup basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Place water in pot with salt.
- 2Bring to a boil and add rice.
- 3turn to low, cover, and cook, 20 minutes, or until al dente.
- 5Fluff with fork.
- 6If rice is sticky, rinse with cold water, then it will seperate.
- 7You should have 2 1/2 cups cooked rice for this recipe.
- 8Dice or slice chicken and all vegetables.
- 9But do one or the other as it will look better, all sliced or all diced.
- 10Combine in a bowl, and toss with the dressing.
- 12Mix all ingredients, vinegar, garlic, oil, and oregano, salt, and pepper.
- 14This recipe can be doubled or tripled as needed.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Supper Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.4
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 1261.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 13.1 g