Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a nice recipe to put into the oven so that you are free to do something else like watch a football game. The soup is a Campbell product. I have added a bit of liquid to make this less dry. I also have subbed in ground turkey and like it also.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 10 ounces old fashioned vegetable soup
- 14 3⁄4 ounces creamed corn
- 1⁄3 cup beef broth
- Brown meat with onion and seasonings.
- Put meat mixture into large casserole dish and add the rest of your ingredients. Mix.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 and 1/2 hours or until potatoes are done.
Very good and also very adaptable. I used one can of corn kernels, drained, less potatoes and some baby carrots for a very good dinner. Thanks for sharing!
This was a yummy casserole that was so quick to put together and pop in the oven. I cut this recipe in half since it was just me, so the leftovers I had popped in some containers and put in freezer. I used a mixture of beef and pork and put in some minced garlic, oregano and Italian seasonings which made the flavor really yummy. I had bought Cambell's vegetable soup but couldn't find it when I was making this so I had a can of Habitat Vegetable soup which wasn't condensed so I eliminated the beef broth. Probably worked out for the better because it was nice and juicy which is great for having buns to soak up all that yumminess !!! Thanks for sharing your recipe WiGal....I really enjoyed it.
This was a bit dry for my family's taste but is a good base for a quick and easy weeknight supper. I left the skins on and cut the potatoes in half then sliced in half moons. I also added cheese to serve.