Recipe by KCKCKC2
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. I deconstructed an old-fashioned zucchini casserole recipe to make an updated, quick summer veggie dish. Bacon adds a new taste to zucchini! Make the crisp bacon and saute some onions and garlic; then, mix it all together in a Reynolds Wrap foil packet and grill for 10 min. EASY!!!
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place zucchini slices in mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, and rosemary. Mix lightly.
- Fry bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to drain on paper towels. In one Tbsp of remaining bacon dripping, saute garlic and onions until translucent. Remove garlic and onion with slotted spoon and add to zucchini mixture. Add bacon pieces and cherry tomatoes to zucchini mixture. Add olive oil and mix lightly.
- Place long piece of Heavy Duty Reynolds Wrap foil on work surface and pour zucchini mixture onto center of foil (may divide mixture into two foil wraps). Fold short ends in to meet in center and fold long ends in to make a packet. (Allow a little space for steam to escape.).
- Place packet (or two packets if desired) over hot grill and cook for 10 minute Open packet (careful not to burn yourself!) and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.