Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Keep them in the fridge to munch on all summer long!
Make and share this Easy Summer Cucumbers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled (and seeded if desired)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Seed the cucumbers if you desire, and slice them, no thicker than 1/4". Place in tupperware bowl or other container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add the sliced onions.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, and add remaining ingredients.
- Tightly seal the bowl and give it several good shakes to combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate, minimum one hour (because I usually can't wait any longer), to overnight.
This recipe was so good and easy. I only used half the amount of sugar and I did not have the celery seed. I will definitely make this again.
Simply Awesome! ...enough said.
These are amazing!!! I used only half the sugar as I like mine a little on the tart side, and a sprinkling of ground celery seed as I did not want them too sweet. I also used kosher flake salt as opposed to regular salt. I can see these appearing on my table QUITE often, Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.