Recipe by Babushka
A mix of sweet fruits and veggies piled over chicken breast,cooked in their own juices!!! A nice low fat summer treat that doesn't take long to prep. Another concoction I dreamed up based on the contents of my refrigerator!
Top Review by Aussie mum 2_2
Yummy,We really enjoyed this dish, I loved the sweetness of the mango and raisins, I followed the recipe as stated but did add in a carrot and sweet potato instead of yellow squash, it took about 20 minutes longer but I guess my chicken breasts were a little on the large side. I will be passing this one to my dad as it was easy to make and he can just pop in the oven and go do something else whilst it cooks into something really healthy and yummy!!!! thank you for a keeper.
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup cubed mango (frozen is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Clean and slice into 1/2inch pieces the zucchini, squash. Chop the mango into similiar sized pieces.
- Clean chicken breast and poke holes in the flesh on both sides.
- Very lightly grease a 9x11 glass dish with the olive oil.
- Place chicken in pan and sprinkle 1 tsp of ginger and 1/2 tsp of paprika over the meat.
- Pile the zucchini, squash, mango, and raisin over the chicken evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tsp of ginger and 1/2 tsp of paprika over the veggies.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 35-40 minutes.