Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A mix of sweet fruits and veggies piled over chicken breast,cooked in their own juices!!! A nice low fat summer treat that doesn't take long to prep. Another concoction I dreamed up based on the contents of my refrigerator!
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup cubed mango (frozen is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Clean and slice into 1/2inch pieces the zucchini, squash. Chop the mango into similiar sized pieces.
- Clean chicken breast and poke holes in the flesh on both sides.
- Very lightly grease a 9x11 glass dish with the olive oil.
- Place chicken in pan and sprinkle 1 tsp of ginger and 1/2 tsp of paprika over the meat.
- Pile the zucchini, squash, mango, and raisin over the chicken evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tsp of ginger and 1/2 tsp of paprika over the veggies.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 35-40 minutes.
Yummy,We really enjoyed this dish, I loved the sweetness of the mango and raisins, I followed the recipe as stated but did add in a carrot and sweet potato instead of yellow squash, it took about 20 minutes longer but I guess my chicken breasts were a little on the large side. I will be passing this one to my dad as it was easy to make and he can just pop in the oven and go do something else whilst it cooks into something really healthy and yummy!!!! thank you for a keeper.
This was quite good, but we had to add water so the squash would cook--maybe because we skinned the chicken? We changed the ginger to Thai Ginger, or Galanghal and added Cilantro, to make a really Thai influenced version--yummy! We also put in about half as many raisins...
Loved the baked fruit and summer squash. Next time I'd change the seasonings to...? Mine only took 20 minutes to bake.