Prep 4 mins
Cook 6 mins
Here in Germany, at every festival or celebration (specially during the Christmas time or the Octoberfest) we love to eat sugar roasted almonds. Usually you roast them in a pan, which takes quite some time and they burn easily. Here´s the quick version with a microwave, which is also safer and a lot easier to clean up.
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups almonds (with skin)
- Put all ingredients (except for the almonds) into a bowl and microwave at 600 Watt for 2 minutes.
- Add the almonds into the bowl and mix thoroughly. Put it another 2 minutes into the microwave oven.
- Mix again and microwave it another 2 minutes.
- Let the almonds cool on a baking sheet or paper. (I usually use a plastic tray.) Use two forks to separate sticking almonds immediately from each other. Enjoy!
How Quick and YUMMY!!!! I used brown sugar b/c I was out of white. I cooked them for a shorter time, I have a 1200 watt microwave...but YUM!!
This recipe was so quick and easy and a very big hit with my family.
Thank you so very much really sounds geat. I have a close friend , from Germany. What a surprise for her. Chris