Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delightfully light, airy and simple cookie which is a perfect addition to your Christmas collection. The recipe was found in The Canadian Living Cooking Collection Muffins and Cookies.
- 1 cup blanched almond
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In food processor, blend almonds and 1/4 cup of the icing sugar until finely ground.
- Blend in remaining icing sugar and flour.
- In bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in granulated sugar until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Fold in the nut mixture and the almond extract.
- Grease baking sheet and preheat oven to 300°F.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe biscuit mixture into 1 1/2 inch wide mounds about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in 300F oven for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and allow the biscuits to dry inside the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on racks.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Simple but delicate tasting. perfect for the Ladies who lunch