1/2 Photos of Easy Sugar-Dusted Amaretti Biscuits
1 hr 20 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This is a delightfully light, airy and simple cookie which is a perfect addition to your Christmas collection. The recipe was found in The Canadian Living Cooking Collection Muffins and Cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In food processor, blend almonds and 1/4 cup of the icing sugar until finely ground.
- 2Blend in remaining icing sugar and flour.
- 3In bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 4Gradually beat in granulated sugar until stiff glossy peaks form.
- 5Fold in the nut mixture and the almond extract.
- 6Grease baking sheet and preheat oven to 300°F.
- 7Using a pastry bag, pipe biscuit mixture into 1 1/2 inch wide mounds about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- 8Bake in 300F oven for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
- 9Turn off the oven and allow the biscuits to dry inside the oven for 20 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and cool on racks.
- 11Dust with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Sugar-Dusted Amaretti Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g