Recipe by Andrew at Food.com
Quick and easy sugar cookies. This quick and easy sugar cookie recipe is perfect for any occasion, and can be made with just the basic ingredients you already have in your cupboard.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl; set the mixture aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Once combined, slowly blend in the dry ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Searate dough into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place on center rack and bake for 5 to 7 minutes (or until golden brown). Let the cookies sit for 2 minutes before cooling on wire racks.