Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
My wife has been making this recipe for the last 3 years. She came up with this combination because of her Cholesterol problem. She takes great delight in making different fillings. She likes this one the best.
- 1 10-inch flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, your choice
- 2 large butter lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese, your choice
- 3 tablespoons diced sweet red peppers or 3 tablespoons green bell peppers or 3 tablespoons yellow bell peppers or 3 tablespoons orange bell peppers, seeded
- 1 slice deli ham or 1 slice deli turkey or 1 slice roasted deli chicken
- 1 slice processed swiss cheese or 1 slice mozzarella cheese or 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated carrots, peel first
- 2 slices fresh tomatoes, diced (1/4" slices)
- 2 tablespoons mixed bean medley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a dry frying pan to medium heat.
- Place tortilla and just warm each side so that it is just lightly browned, about 45 seconds on each side.
- DO NO OVER FRY as the tortilla will crisp and fall apart.
- Remove from frying pan and place on a plate.
- Spread cream cheese over the entire tortilla.
- Place the lettuce in the middle of the tortilla from edge to edge.
- Continue with red pepper, ham Swiss cheese, grated carrot, diced tomatoes, and mixed bean medley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring sides towards the centre and fold edges over each other to hold the filling in place.
- Practice will make perfect.
Hello Uncle Bill, I made this for lunch today, one for myself and one for my visiting Aunt. We both loved it! I used green bell pepper and tomato from my garden and turkey - everything else was easily found in my fridge, including whole wheat tortillas. We enjoyed the fresh taste and creamy cheeses - really a wonderful and substantial meal. Appreciate that it's low Cholesterol as well. Please thank your wife for us!