Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
My wife has been making this recipe for the last 3 years. She came up with this combination because of her Cholesterol problem. She takes great delight in making different fillings. She likes this one the best.
Top Review by 4Susan
Hello Uncle Bill, I made this for lunch today, one for myself and one for my visiting Aunt. We both loved it! I used green bell pepper and tomato from my garden and turkey - everything else was easily found in my fridge, including whole wheat tortillas. We enjoyed the fresh taste and creamy cheeses - really a wonderful and substantial meal. Appreciate that it's low Cholesterol as well. Please thank your wife for us!
- 1 10-inch flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, your choice
- 2 large butter lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese, your choice
- 3 tablespoons diced sweet red peppers or 3 tablespoons green bell peppers or 3 tablespoons yellow bell peppers or 3 tablespoons orange bell peppers, seeded
- 1 slice deli ham or 1 slice deli turkey or 1 slice roasted deli chicken
- 1 slice processed swiss cheese or 1 slice mozzarella cheese or 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated carrots, peel first
- 2 slices fresh tomatoes, diced (1/4" slices)
- 2 tablespoons mixed bean medley
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a dry frying pan to medium heat.
- Place tortilla and just warm each side so that it is just lightly browned, about 45 seconds on each side.
- DO NO OVER FRY as the tortilla will crisp and fall apart.
- Remove from frying pan and place on a plate.
- Spread cream cheese over the entire tortilla.
- Place the lettuce in the middle of the tortilla from edge to edge.
- Continue with red pepper, ham Swiss cheese, grated carrot, diced tomatoes, and mixed bean medley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring sides towards the centre and fold edges over each other to hold the filling in place.
- Practice will make perfect.